Here is a list of wines for Mother’s Day gifts. My mother loves her some “Riunite Lambrusco” or “Sutter Home White Zinfandel.” Instead of flowers, perfume, or candy why not give her a special bottle of wine that maybe she just would not purchase herself. Wine makes such a wonderful gift.
- If your mom drinks White Zinfandel, maybe introduce her to a wonderful sparkling wine, that she is sure to love. My pick is Rosa Regale– delicate bouquet of rose petals, sensuous flavors of fresh raspberries and strawberries. The best pairing is dark chocolate or dipped chocolate strawberries. Piedmont, Italy, she will love it. Serve chilled.. $ 22-28
- Say she drinks Kendal Jackson Chardonnay, try Sonoma Cutrer Russian River 2009– Rich tropical fruits, pineapple, mango, hazelnut, aromas of jasmine, buttery and smoothilicious. The finish has a touch of lime and lychee, medium bodied, lemon, pear, lingering finish with a touch of strawberry. Pairs well with poultry, sea bass, halibut, rich buttery sauces and even a young gouda cheese. Price $28-$25
- Cakebread Cabernet Sauvignon makes a wonderful Mother’s Day gift for the mom’s that enjoy this varietal. Price $50-$65
- If she likes Super Tuscan, try Crognolo at around $40-$45 per bottle it is outstanding for a Super Tuscan.
- Sauvignon Blanc are typically pungently aromatic with green bell peppers, gooseberry, passion fruit, grassy, minerals, melon and lime. Marlborough, New Zealand makes incredible Sauvignon Blanc’s. My choice for mom is Seresin Marama around $28-$35, this is one of the higher end Sauvignon Blanc’s from this region.
- Merlot- Duckhorn, Napa Valley $50-$60
- Maybe she enjoy’s a nice bubbly check out Laurent Perrier Rose, she is sure to love it. Price $65-$80